Sunday, June 5, 2016

Time for a much needed rest

What a school year this has been. I am ready for sometime off to recover from a very long sports year. I started Field Hockey in August 2015, it ended in November with a visit to the State Championship. I had 2 days off before starting Winter Track and that season ended with me earning a trip to the NYS Championship to compete in the 55 meter dash, that season ended and I had 1 day off before Spring season started.

Spring Season was full of ups and downs but I won the Division 3 100 meter dash, qualified to compete at the State Qualifier for the 100, 200 and 4x 100 relay. I earned a spot at the Finals for the 100 meter dash, unfortunately I did not run the 200 well and our 4x100 did not finish in the top 6.
I did not earn a spot to compete at the State level this year, but I know that I can get there and I will work hard to earn a spot at the State championship for both winter and spring for the 2016/17 school year.

I plan on working on my skills this summer, my starts, high knees and explosiveness. I am looking forward to college because I know that I am destined for greatness, I know that I can bring my times down significantly. I have not reached my peak yet, my times have consistently come down from where I begin at the beginning of each season to where I end each season. I know  I can get to the next level with each event, who knows I might be amazing at an event I have never even tried because in High school you are told what event to compete at.  I might be great at the 800 but because my team needed sprinters I was not given an opportunity to jump or try an 800. I am looking forward to being part of a college team to explore my absolute potential. I just need a coach who sees my potential greatness and is willing to take a chance on me.



No comments:

Post a Comment